Welcome to this new video tutorial on learning how to make a WordPress website! What this text tutorial will cover are all the steps that follow a video tutorial that we are making as we type this up. Everything that you need will be included in this video.
We may recommend some products and services in this tutorial. Anything that we recommend are things that we would use or are using. I don’t like to make videos on things I don’t like. It doesn’t sit right with me!
Some of the links below may be affiliate links. This means that we can get a commission from the business, no charge to you. Using our links will help support our channel so I want to say thank you in advance!
I hope you enjoy this video tutorial and if you do, please share the video with others 🙂 Thank you and enjoy!
Step 1: Sign up for Hosting and Domain
The first thing we have to do is sign up for hosting to run our website. Hosting will let you install wordpress, run your website, store your content and is necessary in order to have your own website.
There are a lot of hosting options out there and the one we like to recommend is hosting from Hostinger.
This is an affiliate link you can use to go to the Hostinger website, which helps support this channel (no charge to you!). Thanks in advance!
You can choose the plan that is best for you. I like either the premium or the business plan.
Signing up is pretty straightforward, just make sure you use the coupon code SUPER10 to save some additional $.
Step 2: Set Up Website
Once you get hostinger, you will need to create your website which we can do on the Hostinger website.
- Click to create a new website
- You can choose what type of website, if you want but it’s not necessary. You can click skip if you want!
- Then you want to choose that you are making the site for yourself (thanks to this tutorial!)
- You will want to search for a new domain so you can register it for your website
- Once you have your domain, we want to select the wordpress option to make a wordpress website
- Add your admin email details that you want for your website and create a password and then click to install
- We are using the blocksy theme in this video tutorial so you can select it here and then it will recommend some plugins for you to install
- Go ahead and install the plugins and the demo content (we can always remove this stuff later)
- Now we wait for everything to install and we are well on our way to learning how to make a wordpress website!